|Tabla de Contenido|
Find out what is, what types of refunds you can request, and their processing times.
Definition of refund
Refunds refer to the return of money made to the person who had initially paid a certain amount and has requested the return of products or services.
If the payment has been authorized by your merchant, but has not yet been captured, you can request an online reimbursement (or void). If, on the other hand, this money has already been authorized and capture, you can make a refund.
ℹ️ Note that:
Conditions to request a refund
To request a refund, the transaction must meet the following validations:
- It only applies to card payment.
- It does not apply to the type of chargeback, pre-authorization, or capture transactions.
- It should not exceed six months from the date of the transaction.
- If a refund has previously been requested for a certain transaction, the request cannot be submitted again.
Refund types for transactions carried out
There are two types of refunds:
- Partial: in this case, only a portion of the money paid is returned. At Kushki, these types of refunds are only available for merchants with operations in Colombia , Peru , and Chile .
- Full: the full amount of the original payment is returned to the cardholder's account.
How long do refunds take to be processed?
Please note that the processing time for refunds you request through the Kushki console may take a certain amount of time, depending on the card-issuing bank.
ℹ️ Note that:
- You can request a refund for a transaction directly from our administration console. We recommend you visit our guide on how refunds work in which you will find the step-by-step process to do this requirement.
- If your customer contacts you about a discount, but you cannot see this approved refund in the Kushki Console, we invite you to check our guide related to unpaid debit in the console. You will find an explanation of the reason why this process is generated.