|Tabla de Contenido
Learn what public and private API keys are, their importance, and where to check them within the administration console.
What are the Public and Private API keys?
- The Public API key: it is a unique alphanumeric key that provides an identity to your merchant before Kushki and serves to authenticate the transactions that are executed.
- The Private API key: it is an exclusive alphanumeric key whose function is to validate and authorize all transactions coming from the merchant to which it is assigned; therefore, keep in mind that this key should not be shared.
How to check the public and private key of your merchant?
To know where the public and private API keys of your merchant are located, follow the steps described below:
Keep in mind that to check your credentials, you must log in to your business console with a Master User or Credentials Master role.
- Enter the Administration Console with your username and password.
- In the side menu, go to the Developers menu.
- Click on the Credentials option.
- In the Credentials dashboard, you will find the complete list of all existing credentials linked to your merchant. In each row, you will find the public and private API key of each Credential ID.
- Click the clipboard icon to save the keys, so you can paste them wherever you need them.