|Tabla de Contenido|
Request a refund of an approved card purchase and validate its status from your transactions module.
🔐 Required permissions:
To request a refund of the transaction, you must enter the Console of your merchant with a Master User role. To know the status of this request, you can enter with a Master User, Reading User, or Master Customer role.
How to request a refund of a transaction
Please note that in order for you to request a refund for a transaction, the transaction must meet the validation criteria listed in our guide on how refunds work.
Follow the instructions below to request a return:
- Go to the Transactions module.
- Select the Charges option.
- Find the transaction on which you will make the return and click on the following icon or on Request refund
- In the pop-up window, after checking the Total or Partial option and entering the refund amount to request, click on the Request refund button to confirm the action, on Cancel in case you want to undo the action.
If you hover over the button and notice that the transaction you want to refund is inactive, the system will show you a message with the reason why you cannot request the refund.
In the following video we show you the step-by-step process mentioned above:
Once your request is received, Kushki will ask the processor to start the refund process, which can have two results:
- Void: it applies when the request you made to reverse the payment was made on the same day of the transaction before the deadline. Remember that this schedule varies by country. In this case, the cancellation occurs when the request is received.
These are the deadlines provided by country for cancellations:
Refund: it applies when the transaction reversal request is made after the deadline. For merchants with operations in Ecuador 🇪🇨, Chile 🇨🇱, Mexico 🇲🇽 and Peru 🇵🇪, the process may take up to 45 business days to be reflected as a credit note in the customer's account. For merchants operating in Colombia 🇨🇴, the refund time may be extended up to 15 business days to be reflected in your client's bank statement.
How to get the status of a refund
Kushki makes three cancellation attempts with the processor when you initiate a money refund process for payment review on the same day of the transaction and prior to the deadline established by the country.
- While the refund request is accepted, its status is In Process.
- When the processor accepts the request, the transaction will be void; it will appear with an Accepted status, and the purchase will not appear on your customer's account statement.
- If the transaction was not approved, the return is included in a manual refund process, which can take up to 45 business days (merchants in Ecuador 🇪🇨, Chile 🇨🇱, Mexico 🇲🇽 and Peru 🇵🇪) or 15 business days (merchants in Colombia 🇨🇴) to be reflected as a credit note by the bank in your client's account statement.
- When this process is complete, the transaction will change to Return type, and it will appear with Approved status.
To know the status of a transaction, do the following:
- Go to the Transactions Module.
- Select the Collections option.
- Click on the refund you want to review.
- In the Transaction Details window, select the Timeline tab.
- The screen will display the movements made by your customer and your merchant related to this transaction.
The following video will show you the step-by-step process mentioned above:
- To learn more about the refund process, please review our guide on Returns, cancellations, and refunds.
- If you have any questions about the status of a refund, contact our Support team here. Please include the ticket number of the refund process to follow up the progress of this request.
- You can also use a Webhook, and Kushki will automatically notify you when a refund is approved, as it is explained in our Webhook guide for refunds.
- If your customer contacts you about a discount that does not appear approved in your console, please check our guide on Unpaid debit in the console.