|Tabla de Contenido|
Request the refund of an approved card purchase and validate its status from your transaction module.
To request the transaction refund, you must log in to your merchant console with a Master User role and to know the status you can log in with a Master User, Viewer User, or a Master Customer role.
Request a transaction refund
Keep in mind the following instructions to request a refund:
- Go to the Transactions module.
- Select the Charges option.
- Search the transaction on which the refund will be made and click on or within the detail card, click the the Request refund button. In the pop-up window, after checking the Total or Partial option and by entering the refund amount to request, click on the Request Refund button to confirm the action or Cancel in case you want to undo the action.
Kushki will request the processor to start the refund process, which can have two outcomes:
- Void: it applies when the request for reversal for payment review is made on the same day of the transaction before the cut-off schedule, which varies by country. The cancellation occurs at the moment.
- Refund: when the transaction reversal request is made after the cut-off schedule. The process may take up to 45 days to be reflected as a credit note in the customer's account.
These are the cut-off schedules per country for voids:
Get to know the refund or chargeback status
Kushki makes three void attempts to the processor when you initiate a chargeback refund process on the same day of the transaction and prior to the cut-off schedule of the country.
- While the reversal request is accepted, its status will be In process.
- When the processor accepts the request, the transaction will be voided, with the Accepted status and the purchase will not appear on your customer's statement.
- If the transaction was not approved, the refund is included in a manual refund process, which may take up to 45 calendar days to be reflected as a credit note by the bank on your customer's statement.
- When this is completed, the transaction will change to Refund type, and it will appear with an Approved status.
To know the transaction status:
- Go to the Transactions Module.
- Select the Collections option.
- Click on the refund you want to review.
- In the Transaction Details window, select the Timeline tab.
- The screen will display the movements made by your customer and your merchant with respect to this transaction.
To learn more about the refund process, please review our Returns, cancellations, and refunds guide.
To learn more about the refund process, please review
If you have any questions about the status of a refund, contact our Support team here. Please include the ticket number of the refund process to follow up the progress of this request.
You can also use a Webhook, and Kushki will automatically notify you when a refund is approved, as it is explained in our Webhook guide for refunds.